Customer Service Representative
The Acme Group consists of three divisions – Acme Mills, Fairway Products and Great Lakes Filters. Collectively, these three companies work in the manufacture and distribution of industrial textiles and fabrics over a diverse range of industries and filtration applications. The Acme Group is a small to mid size family owned business incorporated in 1917 and employs approximately 85 people.
The Customer Service Representative will report to the Sr. Sales Manager and supports the Sales, Quality, Purchasing, and Production areas of all divisions, while implementing and monitoring consistent application of procedures and processes across the organization. The Customer Service Representative will act as the primary point of contact for customers and will provide and process information in response to orders, deliveries, inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, inputs and verifies the accuracy of orders from customers.
- Provides the customer with a seamless and pleasant experience with each and every contact.
- Schedules delivery of orders with shipping departments and customers.
- Utilizes EDI and Plex to process releases and ASN’s.
- Consistently reviews weekly releases to evaluate spikes or declines in orders/movement of goods.
- Processes daily invoices with accuracy to customers with appropriate shipping documents.
- Collaborates with Sales, Purchasing, Production, Quality and Administration on issues and initiatives, keeping the customer’s perspective first and foremost.
- Resolves customer complaints with utmost professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years professional work experience;
a background in Automotive OEM Supplier Relationship is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (Spanish or French a plus)
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products, with emphasis in Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to work independently within a collaborative team environment.
The physical demands include standing, walking and sitting for approximately 8 hours per day. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. with assistance. Demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.