The Acme Group consists of three divisions – Acme Mills, Fairway Products and Great Lakes Filters. Collectively, these three companies work in the manufacture and distribution of industrial textiles and fabrics over a diverse range of industries and filtration applications. The Acme Group is a small to mid size family owned business incorporated in 1917 and employs approximately 75 people.
The Maintenance Technician will focus primarily on daily repairs and preventative maintenance on all of our production machines. The Maintenance Technician will work closely with the Maintenance Manager to become proficient at machine repair and troubleshooting issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for maintaining production equipment on given any given shift.
- Will maintain open communication within the department.
- Must be able to operate all types of equipment including: welding tools, saws, hand tools, drills, etc.
- Will be responsible for maintaining preventative maintenance documentation.
- Some janitorial duties.
- Building maintenance including: plumbing, HVAC, electrical, wood working, parking lot, masonry, etc.
- Will work with the management team for product development, production aids, and other improvements as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Technical training is preferred, but prior job experience may be accepted.
- Hours will vary depending on job and training requirements.